#3under2 – Eight Weeks Old

I’M A PERSON AGAIN!!! And I’m not sure that I like it.

Have I mentioned that my twins are taking their sweet time adjusting?

On the outside they look just fine (though we’re still working on sitting NEXT TO Sir G instead of giving him a hug… when he’s laying on the floor… aka squashing him. He doesn’t like that all that much), but the truth comes out when they’re not with him.

It’s still decent enough outside for them to go out with the babysitter every day, and The Winter Snows (yes, it’s capital-worthy here in Chicago) have not yet descended on our lovely windy city, so they’ve been going out every day with the babysitter right before lunch.

And come back yelling.

Every. Single. Day.

A neighbor across the street who works from home told me she heard such a horrific yelling that she had to look out the window. “I didn’t know that such a small person could make such a loud noise!” she told me.

And she has six kids. Just saying.

Anyway, for some reason my mommy-brain decided it would be a good idea to get out and get some fresh air with my 3 under 2 on Sunday. It was the tail end of a stir-crazy weekend, and I was feeling up to it. Or so I thought.

Popped Sir G in my Beco Gemini, tossed the girls in our double stroller, and off we went. I walked a couple blocks, and then made the mistake of going too close to the park.

“PARK!!” my girls chorused.

Okay… park.

So we went to the park.

As time passed, we were getting closer and closer to needing to get home for lunch before nap, I told them they could each do one more thing before we went home. No luck. They did NOT want to go home. So, as I put them in the stroller, they let me know that they did not approve of my decision to go home.

(Can someone tell me why I didn’t foresee that this would happen??)

They cried and cried and cried across 3 short blocks. And then, two more blocks away from home, they decided to slide out of the stroller. And refuse to walk.

We were in front of a friend’s house, so we planted ourselves on her leaf-strewn lawn, and I attempted to hold both of them while sitting on a lawn chair (no small feat when you have an 11 lb baby strapped to you and both of your nearly-2-year-olds are over 25 lb and the lawn chair leans backwards) to calm them down.

My friend wasn’t home, so I called another friend who lives across the street. She came out with bribes (*ahem* refreshments) – rice cakes and whole wheat crackers. (Can you tell I’m a health nut? They never even get whole wheat crackers!) I was hoping they’d be so excited to see the food that they’d keep their mouths busy chomping.

No such luck.

At one point, both of them were planted face-first in the dewey leaves… and then were upset to discover that their faces were dirty.


Suffice it to say, we made it home eventually.

But they’reΒ not over this new baby thing yet. Clearly.

And I am now taking a little break before we venture outside again.

Leave Comment

clear formSubmit

Comments (2)
  1. Chaya

    I can’t stop laughing! I know it wasn’t funny at the time, but it’s pretty funny to read about πŸ™‚

    • Definitely not funny at the time. Definitely hysterical now πŸ˜‰